The Merck Research Laboratories IT (MRL IT) group of MSD IT focuses on support of Merck Research and Development (R&D) line of business and improving the information infrastructure for data-driven drug discovery workflows by designing and implementing solutions for data acquisition, enhancement, integration, search, analytics, and other applications for taming the variety and volumes of data and allowing deeper insights and better decision making.
As MRL IT Data Engineer you will:
- Become a member of MRL IT engineering team that focuses on reference data management, data governance, semantic-web technologies, natural language processing and API development.
- Have a chance to work in an encouraging and inspiring environment, learn and apply cutting-edge technology to problems that matter.
- Work on mining, analyzing, documenting and processing research data and metadata.
- Grow your expertise and start a challenging career in life sciences IT.
You will learn:
- How it works in a big pharma company.
- How software helps to bring new drugs, medicine or vaccines to patients.
- New technologies for data capture, integration, management & governance.
We expect from you:
- Self-driven personality passionate about solving problems, keen on designing and building elegant solutions, learning, experimenting, and sharing outcomes.
- Actionable knowledge of information technology with the focus on data management and interest in life sciences.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases, data modelling and SQL.
We will be happy if you know one of these:
- Semantic web technologies, ontology design, linked data, graph databases.
- Metadata, data governance.
- Oracle, Teradata, AWS
- RDF, SPARQL