Are you interested in coding and development of data science products? We are looking for a student with some experience with programming and/or scripting in R and interest in data science to support development of a tool for advanced forecasting in pharmaceutical industry.
In the Data science developer / R programmer role you will be part of a small team that is delivering a product to support Animal Health marketing and finance within MSD. You will apply and learn some of the areas mainly related to R programming (functional programming, creating an R package, using tidyverse and shiny packages), partially to time series forecasting and databases (data modeling, ETL, APIs).
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Understanding the data science problem and the product we are delivering as a solution
- Analysis and understanding of the existing code base in R scripting language
- Developing and improving the underlying R functions of the product in the context of a given high-level architecture
- Writing unit tests and functional tests for existing and new functions
- Creating an R package with all standard features
- Collaboration on a front-end tool developed in R/shiny as a reactive web application
- Possible collaboration on a database architecture, data model and ETL processes for the forecasting tool
- Participating in the product industrialization – deployment of the application, database connections and setting up a REST API to call R models
- Staying up to date with the most recent development in R and its packages
- Working with multiple collaboration DevOps tool such as JIRA, git and Confluence
- Further responsibilities might be related to core data science including exploratory data analysis, running simple statistical tests and drawing high-level conclusions from the data
Desired Experience and Skills
- You should be studying IT, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or other related field.
- You should have a passion for programming and interest in data science
- Experience with functional programming and R language required, advanced knowledge of R and R/shiny is a major advantage
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods and techniques for analysing data is a plus
- Strong analytical and logical thinking , focus on results
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Strong communication & collaboration skills with diverse stakeholders