The Merck Research Laboratories IT (MRL IT) group of MSD IT focuses on support of Merck Research and Development (R&D) line of business and improving the information infrastructure for data-driven drug discovery workflows by designing and implementing solutions for data acquisition, enhancement, integration, search, analytics, and other applications for taming the variety and volumes of data and allowing deeper insights and better decision making.
As MRL IT Security Specialist you will:
- Become a member of MRL IT engineering team that focuses on reference data management, data governance, semantic-web technologies, natural language processing and API development.
- Have a chance to work in an encouraging and inspiring environment, learn and apply cutting-edge technology to problems that matter.
- Work on assessment and documentation of our software products from security and compliance perspective.
- Help us to establish security/compliance requirements for our systems and solutions.
- Grow your expertise and start a challenging career in life sciences IT.
You will learn:
- How it works in a big pharma company.
- How software helps to bring new drugs, medicine or vaccines to patients.
- New approaches for security, fault-tolerance, anti-fragility and software development lifecycle management (SDLC).
We expect from you:
- Self-driven personality passionate about solving problems, keen on designing and building elegant solutions, learning, experimenting, and sharing outcomes.
- Actionable knowledge of information technology with the focus on system security, risk analyses and resiliency principles.
- Hands-on experience with change management and software documentation.
We will be happy if you know one of these:
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Principles of Micro-services architecture
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Vulnerability testing